Casino Shift Manager
Responsible for overall Casino Operations in accordance with the directives as set down in the Casino Policies and Procedures. To ensure that the highest standards of efficiency, guest service, and security are met in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
The Casino Shift Manager is an integral part of the Casino Management team and as such is required to observe the highest levels of professionalism and provide guidance to the staff.
The Casino Management may assign a Casino Shift Manager other duties outside the Casino Operation. The Casino Shift Manager is expected to perform these duties to the highest standards of efficiency, guest service and integrity.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Ensure that the company's assets and integrity is protected at all times.
* A thorough knowledge of Slot Operations is necessary.
* Administer the Casino Operation ensuring all internal controls are duly adhered to.
* Responsible for the enforcement of all company policy and procedure for each of the Casino divisions.
* Maintain Surveillance equipment and ensure all sensitive gaming areas are being recorded.
* Conduct thorough investigations when Casino operational security policy is breached.
* Prepare and submit Surveillance tapes as and when required by shoreside Casino Management.
* Verify cage transactions of $1000 or more.
* Assist the Casino Manager in authorizing player credit and issuance of winner's checks.
* Conduct audits of Casino Cage main bank in conjunction with the ship's purser.
* Review all Casino Operational paperwork for accuracy when submitted.
* Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Casino personnel and provide training where and when necessary.
* Complete assessments and appraisals for subordinates.
* Provide motivation, guidance and support for all Casino staff.
* Assist in the processing of documentation for staff movements.
* Monitor all Casino operational requirements.
* Effectively resolve customer complaints/disputes utilizing Surveillance when necessary.
* Maintain open communication with all departments, both onboard and shoreside.
* Carry out duties as required by the Shipboard Executive Management.
* Perform count duties ensuring all monies are properly accounted for and secured.
* Control the collection and distribution of gratuities.
* Ensure Casino gaming activity only takes place in situations where it is legal to do so. Confirmation can be sought from the Shoreside Casino management or the bridge on respective vessels.
* Submit all weekly/monthly reports as determined by Shoreside Casino Operations within the required deadlines.
* Ensure all the Casino's promotional activities are being conducted in accordance with company directives.
* Enforce the Casino Disciplinary Code and the Onboard Rules and Regulations advising Shoreside Casino Operations immediately of serious breaches.
* Assume the responsibilities of a Casino Manager when deemed necessary by Shoreside Casino Management.
* Ensure inter-departmental schedules provide maximum deployment of staff to acceptable levels of daily working hours.
* Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
* Minimum of seven years Casino experience preferred.
* Experience in 5 to 6 games or more of the following games: Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3-Card Poker, Baccarat, Craps, Pai Gow Tiles, Pai Gow Poker, or Texas Hold'em.
* Gaming license preferred.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Position requires professional and personable approach to all guests.
* Fluent in English Language; Speak, Read, Write.
* Maintain the highest standards of Customer Service/Guest Relations.
* Dependable and reliable.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Some college related education preferred.