Sommeliers for Luxury Cruise Line
- Responsible for beverage and Wine service/sales mainly in the Restaurant and Veranda café. Beverage service at certain time in the main show lounge.
- Ensure all Hotel Operations functions are carried out in compliance with the line’s Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP).
- Responsible for promoting and maximizing beverage sales.
- Controls the Wine service in the Veranda café or Restaurant according to the daily schedule.
- Follows and ensures that the company beverage standards of service are being adhered.
- Provides prompt, attentive and courteous service to every guest in the assigned Restaurant/Lounge.
- Strives to always up-sell to better quality premium and super-premium products. By following wine menu presentation SOP.
- Recommends and suggests beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Maintains an attentive and proactive approach when it comes to offer a second round and ascertaining satisfaction with the product already served.
- Responsible for the correct and proper handling of all checks and sales transactions generated in the assigned Restaurant/Veranda café.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties, in a
timely manner, to the bartender on duty or immediate supervisor.
The Sommelier will also be required for the daily U.S.P.H. and U.K.P.H. upkeep for the Restaurants/Bars and public lounges in accordance with the high standards of cleanliness maintained through out the vessel. The cleaning required would be from a general scale of dusting, brass, carpet spot cleaning, removal of daily rubbish, cleaning of walls ceilings and floors to in-depth cleaning required in accordance with the ships V.S.P. (Vessel Sanitation Program).