Assistant Waiters for Luxury Cruise Ship
- Provides food service to guests in the Dining Room, Lido Café, Room Service and/or other venues by performing the followin essential duties and responsibilities.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance to the companies standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines. While following safe policies and procedures.
- Participates in weekly Lifeboat drills set by US coastguard standards
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage services throughout the ship.
- Conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times, this concists of physical and verbal interactions in the presence of guests and fellow crew members.
- Participates in the rotational service delivery schedule, working in the casual Restaurant as well as all other food and beverage venues.
- Provides assistance and support to assigned Waiter whilst working in the Dining room to ensure efficient and seamless service delivery of all meals to guests.
- Learns and uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation, to enhance the guest's dining experience.
- Obtains linen, silverware, glassware and china to set tables.
- Presents both food and beverage menus to guests; suggests dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answers questions regarding menu and wine selections.
- Maintains assigned station, including table pieces, side stands and chairs up to company standards.
- Observes guests to anticipate their needs and responds to any additional requests and to determine when the food and beverage service has been completed.
- Participates in dining room entertainment (only on 2 seating ships).
This job is open to Western European Candidates Only
- Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in this role at a restaurant / hotel / resort or onboard a passenger vessel.
- Minimum age of 21