Bartenders for Luxury Cruise Line
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverage to guests in various bars, lounges and service areas throughout the vessel by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Each bar shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to company standards.
- Converses with guests to answer questions, provide information, promote drink specials and/or up-sell to premium brands. Makes suggestions for alternatives if drink request is not available in current inventory.
- Takes orders from guests or Bar servers. Asks for appropriate identification to determine minimum drinking age.
- Prepares all beverages according to companies standards for mixology including recipes, garnishments, serving practices, etc.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Utilizes a jigger for proper measurement and serves drinks in appropriate glass with garnishment.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to create an attractive display. Maintains an awareness of inventory stock and location to enhance work performance.
- Maintains, secures and cleans bar area. Ensure stations and/or tables are clean, orderly and properly set with matches, clean ashtrays and beverage menus, etc.
- Removes empty or dirty glasses and bottles and returns them to the bar or kitchen.
- Practices napkin folding techniques and mechanics.
- Works independently and without immediate supervision. Promotes teamwork and provides on-the-job training to Bar servers and/or Bar utility personnel to strenghten their current performance.
- Maintains accurate par levels and rotates stock according to management standards.
- Maintains inventory of liquor, mixers and other items utilized in the bar. Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Conducts inventory counts as scheduled and unscheduled.
This job is open to Western European candidates ONLY!