Trainee Chambermaids for Ultraluxury cruise ships
Salary: 1.300 $ + Tips (Approx. 2.000/2.500$)
Trainee Stateroom Attendant Job Description
- To maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in Guest Staterooms, corridors and assigned pantries and to clean and sanitize isolation rooms in accordance to Company policy.
- To keep lockers, trolleys and cleaning equipment tidy and organized at all times.
To provide Guests with turndown service every evening and to replenish drinks, fruit, amenities and towels when necessary.
- To provide a six star service and to deal with Guest complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
Reports Directly to
- 1st Assistant Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeper (Onboard) as per assigned section
- Assistant Housekeeper (Onboard)
- 1st Assistant Housekeeper (Onboard)
- Executive Housekeeper (Onboard)
- To clean assigned Guest Staterooms, sections and pantries according to schedule and instruction from the Executive Housekeeper, following the detail of USPH standards.
- To log the Guests personal Laundry, send it down to the Laundry for washing, dry cleaning or pressing, and deliver it back to Guests in a timely manner.
- To keep assigned lockers and corridors clean and tidy at all times and in accordance to safety rules and regulations.
- To keep work trolleys organized and tidy at all times.
- To ensure that all cleaning equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To follow and execute the Housekeeping Sanitation program and to complete and update all Sanitation Log sheets as per policy.
- To use the Gamazyme product in the sanitary system during regular scheduled intervals.
- To clean and sanitize isolation rooms in accordance to Company policy.
- To participate in the “Big Sister program” for all new Stateroom Attendants.
- To provide Guests with turndown service every evening and to replenish drinks, fruit, amenities and towels on a daily basis or as necessary.
- To do all deliveries (laundry, gifts, mail, reflections etc.) to Guest Staterooms.
- To report work orders to the Housekeeping Office when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to submit it to the Executive Housekeeper in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials, linen, towels and other consumables.
- To be cost conscious with pantry food and locker inventory.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To properly use Personal Protective Equipment in work areas at all times.
- To practice Safe Lifting Techniques at all times.
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company policy.
- To follow instructions noted on Safety Card.
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions.
Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College Degree/Diploma beneficial.
- Experience in a luxury hotel or on board a luxury cruise ship preferred.
- Previous Housekeeping experience beneficial.
- Very good spoken English (needs to score at least 70% in the onboard English proficiency test).
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH training.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
Team Communication and Meetings:
- To attend meetings with the Housekeeping Department Staff every cruise.
- You need to speak english fluently
- You need to have a min age of 19 for river ships and 21 for ocean cruise ships
- You need to have previous hospitality experience
- A degree in Hospitality or previous ship experience is an advantage