As Assistant Safety Officer he/she will assist the Safety Officer to carry out his duties and responsibilities. Responsible to Master and Staff Captain, Safety Officer for safety matters.
May be required to tests and maintain on a daily, weekly and monthly basis a per SOLAS and ISM regulations, all emegency supply sources (Accumulators, batteries and uninterrupted power supply) of all emergency equipment located in the Bridge and Radio Room.
The GMDSS assigned operator (GO Officer) daily, weekly, monthly tests of GMDSS equipment, Seek GMDSS Radio Log Book.
2nd Officer License
Training in accordance with STCW
- Previous experience as a Watch Officer on Company vessels.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred
- Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training