• Ensures the correct sorting of linens and towels, stain removal and “reject" procedures, washing, drying and folding of laundry.
• Proficient in the use and care of all equipment.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery.
• Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
• Sorts soiled linen on the basis of linen type, article type, and soil type.
• Handles stain removal and “reject" procedures by performing pre-and-post treatment of stains.
• Performs proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
• Separates torn linen while performing folding procedures.
• Provides assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day by collecting the soiled linens and towels from guest staterooms if necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Laundry Master.
• Must perform to meet standards set by rules and regulations, USPH, SEMS, and NCL Hotel Operations.
• You must have a minimum of 1 year current/recent/relevant experience
• You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen.
• You must have a Reasonably Clear Background.