We are currently searching for Assistant Cooks based onboard our ship on the seas of Hawai'i.
The Assistant Cook is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to USPH/FDA guidelines. Assistant Cooks are responsible for batch, a la minute, and line cooking techniques. He/she reports directly to the Sous Chef. The Assistant Cook is responsible for following all standardized recipes and notifying the Sous Chef or Cook of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients. The Assistant Cook is responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean at all times.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for station
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
- Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards for station
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Minimum one year experience preparing food in the following methods is required: roast, broil, braise, sauté, fry and grill (including breakfast items
• Minimum one year experience working in a food production and/or line capacity is required.
• Minimum one year experience in a high volume hot production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate
• Minimum of six months experience in basic cooking techniques and skills, such as knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods is required.
• Minimum of six months experience in using/operating basic culinary equipment such as a steamer, fryer, kettles, and robocoup is required.
• High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Two year degree from a recognized culinary education establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates