Utility - Dishwashers/Janitorial
We are currently searching for a Utility (Dishwasher/Janatorial) based onboard our ship on the seas of Hawaii
Ensure efficient cleaning, daily service, sanitation, stocking and support of assigned area within the hotel operation on-board your vessel, according to USPH regulations.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Follow the Corporate Sanitation Policy
- Ensures the galley and all equipment, cook and dinnerware are properly cleaned and stored.
- Ensures that the restaurants are properly cleaned during and at the end of each meal period, according to schedules and up to the public health standards of the company.
- Deep cleaning & ongoing cleaning maintenance of all provision areas & provisioning equipment to USPH / FDA / SEMS standards & requirements.
- Assist with the loading, storing, preparation & issuance of food requisitions.
- Set up / breakdown of provisioning equipment for receiving, loading & issuance
- Shampoos and vacuums carpets and furniture as needed.
- Washes windows, walls and ceilings as needed.
- Empties litter bins and ash urns constantly and keeps areas clean at all times.
- Services restrooms and maintains cleanliness and orderliness.
- Polishes brass, handrails and fixtures as needed.
- Dusts assigned work areas daily.
- Cleans glass doors daily.
- Offers all possible assistance to guests.
- Maintains all cleaning equipment in good working order.
- Keeps chemical and cleaning lockers clean and orderly.
- Reports any loss or damage of linen, furniture, fixtures or equipment
- Provides guest requests in the absence of the room steward/ess. This includes make up and turn down service.
- Responsible for the collection and deliveries of guest luggage to/from respective decks.
- You must have a minimum of 1 year current/recent/relevant experience to any of the positions listed in our description above.
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC).
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen.
- You must have a Reasonably Clear Background.
- You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.