Recruiters: Login Create an account Job seekers: Login Create an account
- Responsible for promoting and maximizing beverage sales in the assigned workplace, while following & ensuring that all company beverage service standards are being adhered to.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniform, personal grooming & hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy in regards to drinking age is followed, & practices responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Helps maintain the bar & pantry areas at all times in accordance with USPH / FDA and SEMS rules and regulations, including following guidelines relating to the correct use & maintenance of all bar equipment.
- Ensures the assigned workstation is properly set & prepared to meet the daily business demands.
- Provides prompt, attentive, consistent & courteous service to every guest in the assigned workstation, & through this helps to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Strives to always up-sell to better quality premium & super-premium products, & is able to recommend & suggest beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Effectively communicates any problem, challenges, complaints or service difficulties in a timely manner to the Bartender on duty or immediate supervisor.
- Maintains an attentive & proactive approach offering consecutive rounds of drinks, asserting satisfaction with the product served.
- Responsible for the correct registering & proper handling of all individual checks & sales transactions generated in the assigned workstation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Bartender / Supervisor on duty.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection policy and SEMS; carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You must have a minimum of 1 year current/recent/relevant experience
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Only Green card holders or US Citizens can be considered for this job opening.
- Any employment offer for this cruise line is contingent on the ability of the applicant, candidate and/or new hire to successfully apply for and obtain a United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) prior to ship assignment start date. The application process with the Coast Guard will require disclosure of previous employment, drug testing and medical, criminal and court records to include DUI's, sealed records, and suspended licenses.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently