2nd Electrician Responsibilities: Assist the 1st Electricians with repair and maintenance. Maintenance and repair of electrical installation in work priority directed by Chief Electrician or 1st Electrician.
- Make sure that all interior and exterior lighting is working.
- Maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment in the galleys, pantries, bars, elevators, public areas, corridors and engine room.
- Maintenance of crew laundry equipment
- Cleaning and maintaining order in the main workshops.
- Cleaning and maintaining order in the lamp store and cable store.
- Cleaning and maintaining order on electrical lockers all over the ship.
- Assist in repairs of the safety and security equipment.
- Assist in repairs of the light, sound and audio equipment.
- Assist in general, in any electronic work as directed by his supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess recognized electronic qualifications (preferred)
- Electrician's License
- Completed Fire Fighting Training.
- Previous experience maintaining electrical equipment onboard ships or ashore.
- At least 2 years at sea on passenger vessels.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred
- Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training