As our International Ambassador, you will manage the international program onboard our ships. You will interact with our multilingual guests to provide language assistance and verbal translation to ensure they enjoy all aspects of the cruise experience.
• Serves as a host and/or translator for a variety of events or activities with a large number of non-English speaking guests
• Attends desk hours in designated areas. Provides a variety of translation and interpretation services for guests requiring language assistance. Answers inquiries, offers suggestions, and provides descriptive literature in various languages pertaining to shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment, etc.
• Serves as translator for any and all departments when foreign language translation is needed
• Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computers
• Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly and distinctly. Fluency in three of the five core languages: Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese and French. Additional language proficiency must include one of the following: Mandarin, Korean or Japanese (assessment tests may be required).
• Working knowledge of computers and internet, including the ability to navigate a variety of software packages (assessment tests may be required)
• Strong experience in providing verbal translation
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college, university or the international equivalent preferred
• Customer service experience utilizing multi-languages in a hospitality industry preferred