Executive Sous Chef
We are currently searching for Executive Sous Chefs to join our team! Potential candidates must have at least five years of experience as a Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service line.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the administration of the respective galley or department
- Prepares the weekly schedule for the Galley Staff, designating special duties, cleaning duties and time off.
- Is accountable for the achievement of company budgets regarding food cost and inventory levels.
- Ensures that food quality and portion control are always in line with the company's specifications.
- Evaluates all staff upon sign off and in the evaluation periods requested by the company
- Visits the various food preparation stations and does random food tastings to ensure quality and standards are met.
- Ensures that food preparation is done according to the Recipe Book and United States Public Health Standards.
- Sets up and maintains a training program for all galley staff with emphasis on their specific jos and in accordance with United States Public Health rules and regulations.
- Keeps in direct communication with the Provision Master in order to manage the weekly inventory. Obtains a list of non-moving and fast moving items and take necessary adjustment measures.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all food preparation areas, and conducts simulated USPH type inspections and pre-U.S. port arrival inspections.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
- Culinary school degree required.
- Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, "Debits/Credits", adjusting entries and corrections.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and to establish a good rapport with the ship's Senior Officers and the corporate office.
- Ability to speak., read an d write English clearly.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. They should also have the ability to obtain all required visas.