Assistant Human Resources Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: Acts as the onboard HR Generalist and assists with the coordination of employee policies, performance management, learning and development opportunities, compensation and benefits, and general HR services.
Serves as point of contact for crew employee relations. Partners with the Manager, HR to interpret policy consistently and fairly.
Coaches leadership on how to handle disciplinary action. Implements approved company HR policy, procedures, and global initiatives using all available HR resources.
Champions the performance management process. Supports the training and development of leadership through class facilitation, coaching and observation.
Facilitates leadership feedback/introductory sessions as needed. Serves as point of contact for online training sessions for leaders in addition to tracking and crediting completed facilitated training sessions.
Conducts needs assessments to determine key opportunities in learning and development, communication, organizational effectiveness, etc.
Monitors quality of shipboard training and its documentation in company records through file audits. Provides ship input on the development of HR strategies.
Champions Career Navigation Process and Succession Planning in partnership with Training Officer. Maintains exit interview process for leaders. Partners with Training Officer to maintain the onboard Crew resource library.
Partners with Training Officer to gain feedback from new hires regarding first 30-days onboard, recruitment and training experience.
Champions 10-year service celebration. Assists with on-boarding process and facilities onboard cruise line's Welcome Home presentation for returning Crew.
Champions crew welfare and diversity functions onboard.
The Assistant Human Resources Manager is considered an Officer onboard and reports to the Manager, HR (shipboard).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years experience working within a HR operation; depth of experience in at least one HR functional area: Compliance, Learning and Development, Organizational Development, HR Services, and/or Workforce Planning and Administration (compensation and benefits).
- Minimum of 1 year in a leadership and/or Operations role. Working knowledge and proven work experience within employee relations, understanding ER concepts and practices required.
- Previous experience within the cruise industry, hospitality industry and/or Disney experience in an HR capacity required. Advanced education degree in HR or similar field preferred.
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (the company will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check Bring approved work shoes