Junior Sous Chef
JOB OVERVIEW: Ensure every food item leaving the Galley is of the highest quality in flavor and presentation.
Lead designated culinary team of 12-20 crew members toward completion of daily work assignment, ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction, crew support and financial/operational performance.
Partner with Chef de Cuisine to lead a multi-cultural brigade in a high volume, fast paced kitchen environment.
Responsible for own assigned section within the galley.
Partner with First Steward to understand and monitor sanitation laws, policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with USPH standards and follow through with Cooks and Stewards.
BENEFITS: Unique company benefits include: USPH bonus, travel paid for, uniforms paid for, 6-month contract with option of renewal, ongoing training & career development, merchandise discounts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years formal culinary training.
- Minimum five years experience of which at least two years working as a Chef de Partie (including apprenticeship) experience in high volume kitchen environment.
- Must be proficient in all stations in the kitchen. Proficiency in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH. Basic computer knowledge. Ship experience preferred.
- Experience being personally responsible for brigades of at least 10
- Basic computer knowledge
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it