Reports to the Waiter, Head Waiter and Assistant Restaurant Manager - Directly supervises, trains and monitors the performance of the subordinate Restaurant Operation positions assigned to his/ her work station - Busboy (Bus Person) and Dining Room Utility Cleaner
- Provides assistance and support to the assigned waiter in anticipating and fulfilling the passengers requests
- Responsible for serving non-alcoholic beverages and bread, ordering, pick-up and delivery of food and beverage items to the work station and tables and transporting back to the galley the soiled dishes, glassware and silverware
- Provides assistance to the assigned waiter, waitress in setting up tables, linen, glassware, silverware and china as well as presents food and beverage menus to passengers
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding revenue levels set by the cruise line through suggesting various courses and wines to passengers and applying up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Participates in the rotational schedule working in the dining room and in other food and beverage outlets throughout the cruise ship
- Ensures that the assigned work station is clean and sanitized according to the cruise line standards and USPH and/or UKPH rules
- Actively participate in dining room entertainment according to established practices of the cruise line and alterations based on the specific itinerary - Pirates'Nights, Caribbean nights, Italian nights etc.
- Minimum one - two years experience in a high volume food operation establishment
- Upscale restaurant, hotel, resort or cruise ship experience is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- High school diploma or basic education equivalent is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.