Reports to the Waiter, Head Waiter and Assistant Restaurant Manager - Directly supervises, trains and monitors the performance of the subordinate Restaurant Operation positions assigned to his/ her work station - Busboy (Bus Person) and Dining Room Utility Cleaner
- Provides assistance and support to the assigned waiter in anticipating and fulfilling the passengers requests
- Responsible for serving non-alcoholic beverages and bread, ordering, pick-up and delivery of food and beverage items to the work station and tables and transporting back to the galley the soiled dishes, glassware and silverware
- Provides assistance to the assigned waiter, waitress in setting up tables, linen, glassware, silverware and china as well as presents food and beverage menus to passengers
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding revenue levels set by the cruise line through suggesting various courses and wines to passengers and applying up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Participates in the rotational schedule working in the dining room and in other food and beverage outlets throughout the cruise ship
- Ensures that the assigned work station is clean and sanitized according to the cruise line standards and USPH and/or UKPH rules
- Actively participate in dining room entertainment according to established practices of the cruise line and alterations based on the specific itinerary - Pirates'Nights, Caribbean nights, Italian nights etc.
Minimum one - two years experience in a high volume food operation establishment
Upscale restaurant, hotel, resort or cruise ship experience is preferred
Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn
High school diploma or basic education equivalent is preferred
Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.