The main duties of the Bar Server consist of suggesting and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at various beverage outlets throughout the cruise ship - bars, lounges, cafes, night clubs, discos, casinos and open decks - The Bar Server is providing drinks during special events and theme nights - Captain's Cocktail Party, Caribbean Night etc.
- The Bar Waiter must learn all the details regarding various cocktails, premium brand spirits, beers, wines and promote them among passengers in order to meet and exceed the sales targets set by the Bar Manager/ Beverage Director
- Suggests drinks to guests applying up selling and suggestive selling techniques thus increasing beverage products revenue and his/ her personal earnings
- Takes the orders from the guests, relays them to the Bartender and then makes sure that the beverages are served in the proper glassware with the proper garnish
- Presents each party with a separate check (unless requested otherwise), leaves copy of the check to the passenger and returns the completed checks to the assigned place
- Assist in re-stocking bars or other beverage outlets around the cruise ship
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene and ensures that the assigned work station is clean and sanitized according to the cruise line standards and USPH and/or UKPH rules
- Participates in courses, meetings and training programs organized by the cruise line in order to develop the necessary skills needed for promotion to superior level position(s)
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum one year of beverage serving experience in a hotel, bar, pub, night club, resort, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn
Cruise ship experience is preferred, but not mandatory
Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.