Key Job Responsibilities for Cruise Directors:
- The Cruise Director drives guest satisfaction scores and on board revenue.
- Host all major events as directed by the Manager-Cruise Programming, setting the tone with energy & enthusiasm.
- Promote and support the company Entertainment brand identity.
- Host hotel parties and functions.
- Host ship tours on embarkation day.
- Make PA announcements as directed.
- Host a disembarkation briefing, adhering to approved script.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meeting with Event Manager to review policies, discuss opportunities and coordinate solutions.
- Coach, motivate and rehearse performance with team members to ensure that our overall standards are being met or exceeded.
- “Hands-on” manage all entertainment events on the floor, including the “look” of your show.
- Monitor and evaluate guest comments and create action plans for improvements.
- Foster a positive working relationship with other departments.
- The Cruise Director serves as the company’s ambassador and communicate pertinent information to guests.
- Be visible around the ship, and at the gangway. Interact with guests and serve as the consummate Host.
- Coordinate tender operations with the deck department to maximize efficiency and guest satisfaction.
Policies & Procedures:
- Ensure program plans and MOMs are followed.
- Follow approved announcement grid and scripts where provided.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies.
If you're interested in being considered for this opening the next step for you is to put together a brief introduction video explaining why you'd be perfect for the role and send the link to us to be evaluated by our recruiting team. Here are some tips:
- Make the video 1-2 minutes long.
- Talk about why you would be a good fit for the position/why you like our company/your goals and how we can help you get there.
- In the subject line, put your name and the position you are interested in.
- Send your resume with the link
Looking forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE INCLUDE A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH OR PROMOTIONAL HEADSHOT WITH YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
- Solid previous experience in this role
- Fluency in English