Executive Sous Chef
Department: Culinary;The Executive Sous Chef's primary responsibility is the management of an assigned galley for the cruise line, to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations. Is seen as an inspirational role model by his/her employees. Is a top professional in the field with a passion for the Culinary arts.
This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire onboard galley department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity food preparation and excellent knowledge of quality food operation.
- Excellent artistic & creative skills to enhance buffet presentations.
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Product cost and quality conscious.
- Able to train subordinates in all USPH matters and quality food production.