Boutique Cruise Line requires a very special Restaurant Manager
Job Description: 5* Boutique Cruise Line requires a very special Restaurant Manager. • Restaurant Manager • Salary - $3500 USD per month + tips (can be very lucrative!) • Contract – 4 months on, 2 month off • Single Cabin • Flights paid to and from the ship • Start date – asap • Require Cruise ship experience as RM / Maître D / ideally from 5* small luxury ships
Imagine a unique and enriching opportunity to explore your true potential, to achieve success as part of a stellar team, to travel to exotic locations and provide extraordinary service in an amazingly social environment. If you have a passion for excellence, exuberant energy, and the ambition for a rewarding career, then this is the job for you…..It's the experience of a lifetime!
Our client is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join their award winning team. The position is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Restaurant and other food service outlets throughout the ship towards the goal of achieving total guest satisfaction following company policies. Potential candidates must have at least five years of restaurant management experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Oversees service stations to all Restaurant personnel based on their performance, attitude and ability without any form of discrimination.
• Communicates daily with the Food & Beverage Manager and the Executive Chef/Chef so that the Restaurant and the galley work in perfect harmony to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction and immediately addresses and corrects any guests concerns.
• Directing, coaching, supporting, supervising and evaluating the performance of team, which includes management of executive chef, restaurant manager, and bar and food managers, to ensure efficient food and beverage operation
• Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control. Analyzes operational problems and establishes controls. Reviews timesheets and forwards to the Food & Beverage Manager for approval. May prepare a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
• Ensures that all Restaurant staff is trained and performs their duties according to the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
• Oversees work schedules, days off and other duties to Assistant Maître d's, Head Waiters and the Specialty Restaurant Manager. Monitors work schedules of Waiters, Assistant Waiters, Café Attendants, and Mess Attendants.
• Attending meetings and working closely with management including: Safety Captain and Safety Officer to ensure proper safety procedures are being followed, shore side management for personnel changes and requests, technical department for any malfunctions or needed repairs, department heads and assistants as needed daily, and others managers and staff to ensure efficient functioning
• Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.