A Brilliant Environmental Engineer Role On A 6 star Mega Cruiser Starting NOW!
• Role: Environmental Engineer
• Liner: A 6* Cruise Liner
• Website: On application
• Start date: Very soon!
• Required: You must have a STCW III/2 license – unlimited Chief Engineer’s license (unfortunately the III/1 license is not appropriate for this role)
• Salary: $5000US Tax Free per month paid 12 months of the year (negotiable!
• Rotation: 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off (1 vacation day accrued for 1 day worked)
• Berthing: Single cabin
• Required: Clear medical (funded by you and then claimed back whilst on-board)
The responsibilities of the Environmental Engineer will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Shall have a full understanding of the Safety Management System, including his responsibilities in the Safety Organization as per the Emergency Plan;
- Maintain and guide all work related to environmental issues;
- Assist the Asst. Chief Engineer, with additional work as required.
2. Assistance to the Asst. Chief Engineer in the following:
- Garbage and incinerating plant;
- Sewage treatment and filtration units;
- Ensure all relevant documentation is up to date. (Oil record book, certification and garbage log);
- Bilge water separator with 15-ppm monitor;
- Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi machinery including dosing equipment;
- Sauna and Spa equipment;
- Chlorine dosing equipment and records for fresh water and potable water system;
- Ensure the personnel are trained and operating the systems correctly;
- Update maintenance work in the Planned Maintenance System;
- Assist in conducting Environmental training on board.
3. Assistance to the Staff Captain in the following:
- Keeping all chemical data sheets;
- Familiarisation of personnel in safe use of chemicals;
- Supervises personnel re. order in chemical stores.
- Engine Officer Class 2 certificate;
- Relevant STCW 95 courses.
You will be currently working, or very recently working in an Environmental Engineer role with similar responsibilities and accountabilities on a mega cruise liner or mega yacht. Able to start at short notice, you will hold the required STCW III/2 license – unlimited Chief Engineer’s license. You will have a sparkling demeanour and be willing to embrace a fabulous company with great values, integrity and style.