- Primary responsibility for the refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment and systems
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- In charge of the operation and maintenance of the HVAC plant, the provisioning plant and related cold rooms, all refrigerated bar and galley equipment.
- Monitor the consumption of refrigerants closely and raise the alert if any irregular situations should occur.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the engine room and galley ventilation systems, including local and centralized CO²/Halon fire extinguishing systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and periodic testing of fire dampers and Gaylord systems.
- Carry out laundry lint duct cleaning as described in the Safety Management System.
- Prepare a handover report prior leaving the vessel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- May assign and delegate some of the above duties to other officers from his team.
Staff Chief Engineer
* This post does not represent current live opening. After submitting your resume, the cruise line will keep your information on file for open positions.
Education and Experience
* 3-4 years relevant experience.
* Fluent in English (written and verbal)
* Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
* Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it