2nd Hotel Engineer
Job Summary - Primary responsibility for operation and maintenance of equipment and system in the hotel and accommodation areas of the ship; Responsibility and Authority - Assuming personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
Responsible for the maintenance as follows:
- Waste water treatment plant equipment (Rochem plant)
- Gray and black water collecting system equipment
- Ballast system equipment
- Technical water system Equipment
Under the instructions and guidance of the First Hotel Engineer, assist in:
- Carrying out laundry lint duct cleaning.
- Carrying out checks of cooking and food preparation appliances.
- Carrying out checks of forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Carrying out galley duct cleaning.
- Preparing a handover report prior leaving the vessel.
- All other duties as assigned
- May assign and delegate some of the above duties to other officers from his team
Staff Chief Engineer
* This post does not represent current live opening. After submitting your resume, the cruise line will keep your information on file for open positions.
Education and Experience</strong></p>
- Engineer qualifications and licenses in compliance with all International and National conventions and regulations.
- Officer of the Watch, endorsed by the Flag State, and all of the certificates as required by the STCW 95.
- 2 years experience on passengers vessels of which at least six months a Second Engineer.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS
- Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it