- Responsible to maintain an effective engine room watch and maintenance duties as assigned.
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Maintain an efficient and alert watch in the engine room during assigned periods at sea and in port, following the provisions of the Safety Management System.
- Call the Chief Engineer whenever in doubt as specified by his/her instructions and the provisions of the Safety Management System.
- Carry out maintenance to assigned technical systems as designated by the Staff Chief Engineer and/or Chief Engineer.
- Assist in familiarization with the vessel of lower-ranked engine Officers.
- Assist Staff Chief Engineer in providing information for assigned areas to the Engine Department Monthly Condition Report.
- Be fully familiar with the procedures for emergency control of controllable-pitch propellers, where fitted.
- Carry out systematic checks of oil to sea interfaces.
- Prepare a handover report prior leaving the vessel.
- When assigned to do so, represent the Engine Department on the Shipboard Safety Committee.
- Closely follow Chief Engineer’s instructions and Safety Management System procedures when loading or transferring bunkers, MDO, lube oils or oily sludge.
- Closely follow the provisions of the Safety Management System when bunkering tenders.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding refrigerant gasses emissions to the atmosphere.
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding bilge water and oily sludge operations aboard Company ships.
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding black water and gray water operations aboard Company ships.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Watchstanding Ratings
- Chief Engineer for watches
- Staff Chief Engineer for maintenance
* This post does not represent current live opening. After submitting your resume, the cruise line will keep your information on file for open positions.
Education and Experience
- Second Engineer qualifications and licenses in compliance with all International and National conventions and regulations.
- Second Engineer license, endorsed by the Flag State, and all of the certificates as required by the STCW 95.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
- Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it