The Third Officer shall be an assistant bridge officer of the watch during night watches and bridge officer of the watch during daylight hours as assigned by the Master. Responsibilities will include: Maintain a safe navigational watch as assigned by Master, in accordance with SMS (BPG) Master’s Standing Orders and Night Order Book.
- Documentation, testing as per and GMDSS Log as per SMS and BPG.
- Keep the Master informed at all times of the navigational progress of the voyage.
- Will ensure established Amver and other Voyage Reporting routines are carried out as instructed.
- Be familiar with and adhering to all Environmental requirements including Internal reporting (ECR, Senvo, Master etc) as well as external Reporting requirements to coastal Authorities, etc.
- Prior to signing off vessel, prepare a Hand-Over list for the relieving officer. Copy be given to Master.
- Maintain Bridge Watches as assigned by Master. Monitor vessel operation (including tender operation and water sports activities) as outlined in SMS and MSO.
- Be familiar with and assist in monitoring that Port Manning requirements as per SMS and/or Masters Instructions are in place.
- Be familiar with and participate in Mooring/anchoring operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all flags, ensigns and shapes.
- Tender driving as required by Staff Captain
- Assist in conducting water sport activities as directed by Staff Captain.
- Emergency Duties as set out in the Ship’s Emergency plan.
- Be familiar with applicable Safety requirements and take an active role in ensuring a high Safety Standard as outlined in Company SMS, CBA Code of conduct and Masters Standing Orders.
- Assist as required with all aspects of Safety and Operational Training.
- Participate in all Safety and Security Operation/Drills.
- Be fully familiar with all relevant MARPOL Environmental requirements as pertaining to the position and have a General knowledge of all Company Environmental Requirements.
- Be fully familiar with the Company Code of Conduct policies and assist with the implementation and supervising of same.
- Other duties as required in shipboard operating routines.
- Participate in Ship and Equipment Inspections as required by Staff Captain.
- Make efforts to be familiar with the duties of the next ranking officer so as to be able to take over if needed.
- Be familiar with AMOS system as pertain to the function.
- OOW certificate (+3 months minimum bridge watch keeping experience)
- National Certificate of Competency/Flag State Endorsed
- Seafarer’s book.
- ECDIS Certified when serving on ECDIS certified ships.
- NACOS Type specific raining Certificate suitable for the NACOS equipment onboard.
- Basic Safety Training STCW 95 A VI/1-1 till 1-4.
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boat STCW 95 A-VI/2-1.
- Advanced Fire Fighting STCW 95 A-VI/3.
- GMDSS Certificate STCW 95 A-IV/2.
- GMDSS Endorsement.
Crowd & Crisis Management STCW 95 A V/3-1 till 3-5.<br />
Valid Medical Certificate.<br />
Good English language skills.<br />
Police Background Check.