Key Job Responsibilities for Travel Guides: Give dynamic PowerPoint presentations about the ports of call and related topics of interest ; Provide knowledgeable and accurate information about the itinerary in a exciting and educational way.
- Drive revenue to Shore Excursions onboard by promoting tours whenever appropriate
- Provide entertaining and informative narration from the bridge in specified scenic cruising areas
- Prepare and develop PowerPoint presentations based on the itinerary
- Present a minimum of two (2) presentations on sea days and one (1) on partial sea days
- Manage daily schedule with direction from the Event Manager and Seattle Enrichment Manager
- Foster a positive working relationship with other departments, particularly Shore Excursions
- Lead travel-oriented entertainment activities (i.e. “Travel Trivia” and language classes)
- Share knowledge collected by adding presentations and resource materials to the E-Resource Library
- Greet guests on the gangway/tender dock when in port to answer last-minute questions
- Interact with guests in a positive and helpful manner
- Positively represent the cruise line both on and off the ship
- Hold adequate desk hours (minimum of two hours per day) to answer guest questions
Policies and Procedures:
- Read and follow MOM E04 – EXPLORE OUR WORLD.
- Adhere to uniform policies, appearing professional and well groomed at all times.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental Practices
- Provide an accurate and in-depth handover at end of contract.
- Previous public speaking or hospitality.
- Previous hosting experience preferred.
- Strong socializing skills.
- Ability to relocate, live and work onboard with coworkers for 4+ months.
- Strong communication skills.