Join the cruise line youth program and be a part of a family’s unforgettable vacation experience. You’ll have the ability to cruise the world while implementing fun filled events for kids and teens on board a company ship.
If you are outgoing, energetic, detail oriented and dedicated to over-the-top customer service, then this very rewarding opportunity is for you.
In addition to your daily wage, the cruise line provides the following compensation:
* Roundtrip flights, pre-embarkation hotel and ground transportation to the ship.
* On board accommodations.
* All meals to be taken in the guests’ restaurant Lido Café.
* Complementary laundry services.
* All on board medical services provided and paid for by the company. (Shore side medical attention is at the employee’s expense).
* Most uniform pieces, (white tennis shoes and a brown leather belt are supplied by the employee).
* On board discounts; lounges, shops, internet services and satellite telephone.
* Achieve performance goals for the company Youth Programs including Kids (3-7); Tweens (8-12) and Teens (13-17).
* Implements and coordinates age-appropriate activities for group as assigned by the on board Youth Program Coordinator.
* Socializes with and is highly visible to guests and parents.
* Assists the Youth Program Coordinator and Cruise Director as necessary.
* Assists as necessary with embarkation procedures.
* Perform group-babysitting duties as necessary.
* Socializes, interacts and maintains high visibility among guests.
* Under the direction of the Cruise Director assists in all projects or duties necessary for the implementation of on-board programming including but not limited to entertainment related functions, activities and events.
* Attends required abuse risk management training.
* Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising youths.
* Candidates must have at least 2 years documented work with children.
* Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Physically fit and able to perform duties that include physical excursion. This may include running up several flights of stairs.
* Energetic and able to clearly communicate with our guests.
* Organized and proactive.
* Professional, polished and guest service oriented.
* Able and willing to dedicate up to 10 hours per day/ 7 days a week to the children and families of Club HAL.
* Successfully pass background and reference checks to be completed by Holland America Line.
* In possession of a valid passport.
* Must be able to obtain and successfully pass a full physical. All expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
* Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in a second language is preferable and is required for select itineraries.