International Guest Services
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The International Guest Services assists all guests at the Guest Services Desk, but concentrates specifically on non-English-speaking groups and individual guests with their special needs and requirements in their native languages so as to give them a full, first class cruise experience.
• Receives and handles special requests from non-English-speaking groups and individual guests.
• Works in conjunction with, and assists, the Group Services Coordinator and Guest Service Manager with handling special requests such as Honeymoon set-ups, Anniversary Packages, Birthday Packages, special dietary needs, medical needs, etc. for non-English-speaking guests. Follows up to ensure departments responsible have completed the requirements.
• Contacts Group Leaders of non-English-speaking guests to assist the Group Services Coordinator in organizing group events.
• Contacts non-English-speaking guests when necessary to offer assistance in making restaurant bookings, ordering special local/dietary food, arranging special tours on board and with shore excursions.
• Available for daily, advertised desk hours at the Guest Services Desk to answer questions and provide assistance to non-English-speaking guests.
• Assists at embarkation, disembarkation and port talks, as well as being present during these times to assist non-English-speaking guests where necessary. Available at Immigration and Customs inspections, etc.
• Available to act as translator for non-English speaking guests needing to communicate with shipboard departments including, but not limited to, Medical, Security, Revenue outlets, Restaurant, Senior management.
• Coordinates announcements and the translation/printing of the Freestyle Daily, into the required languages relative to the non-English-speaking guest ratio on board each cruise.
• Meets and greets non-English-speaking VIP guests staying in suites as necessary and whenever possible.
• Handles guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guests’ satisfaction.
• Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
• Available to assist Cruise Programs department in leading specific activities for non-English-speaking guests.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level in at least one language other than English such as German, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese or Japanese is required.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Micros and Fidelio Cruise is required.
• Must have at least one year management experience in Hotel and/or hospitality establishments; or in Guest Service related positions on board ships.
• Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Public Relations and/or Hotel management from a recognized hotel institution.
• Able to work independently
• Must be a quick and critical thinker, and a patient listener
• Able to speak publicly to large groups if necessary
• Customer Service/Guest Relations Oriented, Leadership Skills and Well Organized
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven