Resort Hotel Manager
To be responsible and ensure for the entire Hotel operation. His/her scope of responsibilities covers the financial results (revenue, cost of sales, payroll & related expenses, other expense, departmental income, gross operating income, net operating income) of the hotel. He/she is also responsible for the standards of the product, service, management of human resources and the sales and marketing strategies, goals and results.
Please forward up to date resume with picture included to:
• General Manager in the Hotel
• Department Heads in the Hotel
• Various in possession of the faculties
• In House Guest
• Visitors and external hotel’s contactor
• In possession of all faculties
• Strong resistance
• Potential Candidates
• Maintaining appropriate levels of quality staff in all areas of resort operations, within budgetary guidelines, in order to provide excellence in service standards.
• Developing a team skilled in predicting as well as interpreting guest needs and actively recognizing the relationship between staff satisfaction and guest satisfaction.
• Displaying hands on approach to managing the operation areas, including maintaining a regular presence in the public areas during peak periods.
• Ensuring the consistency, quality and integrity of the entire resort product.
• Recognizing and welcoming VIP and significant return guests, ensuring any special requirements are fully organized and communicated to all resort staff.
• Actively seeking guest feedback, responding to negative feedback in a timely & pro-active manner, and personally resolving guest complaints which arise during their stay.
• Constructively responding to written guest concerns.
• Setting goals for increasing guest satisfaction monthly survey results, communicating these goals to the entire resort team and providing team recognition and reward when such goals are achieved.
• Overseeing the smooth running of resort day-to-day operations and being available at all times to effectively resolve any complications that arise in a calm and professional manner which sets the standard for all team members to follow.
• Always using factual and current information in order to make informed and ethical business decisions.
• Gaining and maintaining leadership credibility in all areas of the resort operation by exhibiting consistent high standards of personal ethics and behavior and providing a credible and mature role model to the resort community.
• Ensuring the flow of information regarding product development and updates to all relevant personnel and keeping the General Manager updated.
• Ensuring that all staff in the reporting line receive a thorough resort & department induction, followed by sufficient and ongoing on-the-job training and Encouraging high levels of staff morale and job satisfaction by providing training and development for all staff and promoting career progression opportunities with the company.
• Providing direction & assistance to the manager in the management of an efficient and friendly operation that focuses on outstanding guest service and accuracy in resort revenue collection.
• Ensuring the systems and resources are available so that all activities are conducted in a manner, which is safe for guests, staff and the local environment, and that relevant records and documentation are maintained to reduce the company’s exposure in the event of any adverse incidents.
• Ensuring a high standard of maintenance in all guest rooms, public areas, and resort grounds, including daily walk-throughs of the public areas and regular detailed inspections of guest accommodation.
• Assisting the Financial Controller in establishing yearly financial budgets in respect to incremental revenue targets and labour & operating costs.
• Contributes to the morale of the hotel by maintaining effective working relationships with hotel colleagues.
• Performs any additional duties as directed by the General Manager.
• Stays current with developments in the hotel industry, and specifically operation related issues, and makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to the General Manager.
• Is fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
• Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language.
• Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the hotel is represented.
• Attends meetings and training as required by the General Manager.
• Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the local law.
• Interacts with guests actively soliciting their feedback.
Administrative and Legal Responsibilities:
• Proper maintenance of all Administrative and legal documents (books, staff salaries, medical, labor inspection, security control and foreign manpower)
• Submission as and when required of all accounting documents.
• Application of laws in the areas of prices, labor security, safety, customer protection etc. He/she should have at all times, up to date, legal information materials.
• Maintenance of all administrative procedures implemented by General Management.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
• Staff turnover, planning, recruitment and development of Head of Departments and all Employees of the hotel.
• Evolution of the career of his subordinates.
• Setting of goals and objectives to the Division heads.
• Adherence of wage and salary policies.
• Rewards, sanctions and dismissal of staff with the approval of the General Manager.
• Organization of the Assessment Appraisal standards of the Division heads.
• Regular organization of Staff Information & Communication meetings.
• Perfect working rapport and coordination of the respective Divisions and Departments of the hotel.
• Creative development and active participation of the team.
• Ambassadorship of the Management through his overall attitude and demeanor towards Customers and staff of the hotel.
• Establishment and proposal to the General Manager, the hotel’ s Marketing Plan and ensure that once approved, the contents of which are enforced.
• Public Relations of ACCOR and the hotel in the community.
• Collaboration with the Director of Sales to elaborate on sales strategies.
• Commercial and Guest (complaints and compliments) correspondences.
• Guest reception standards in the lobby and restaurants.
• Meet with hotel guests on daily basis
• The Resort Hotel Manager shall be directly responsible to the General Manager. In the event of the absence of the General Manager, the EAM is responsible for the entire Hotel operation. He/she will thus be liable in answering to the Owning Company as well as the Corporate Office.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• The ability to manage and build efficient teams by coaching available for the team and guests
• The ability to engage a diversified workforce.
• Efficiency of overall event and activities of the hotels
• Management of the guest service experience / personalization
• Management of guest complaints
• Cleanliness and safety of work area
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelors Degree of Majors with a concentration in Business or related field, or full hospitality professional qualifications
• Experiences at least 7-10 years in midscale hospitality business, running medium size resort properties, upscale hotels with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar position
• Must be dynamic and creative.
• Ability to manage, lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals
• Details of knowledge of working practices of operation
• Good service mind and enthusiastic
• Flexibility and willingness to work hard
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Relevant and extensive premium hotel/ resort management experience where initiative, organizational and advance planning skills.
• Outstanding guest relations and communications skills and the ability to relate to and resort guests from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate to the resort team the business goals, as well as the resort specific goals, and to encourage and support initiatives, which may assist those goals.
• Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills and good understanding of business and finance and Strong budgeting and forecasting skills.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in Tourism / Hospitality Management or equivalent are an advantage.
• Understanding of large, multi-cultural organizations.
Please forward up to date resume with picture included to be sent to: