PURPOSE OF POSITION
Preparation of dishes and food preparations requiring basic culinary skills in any section of a kitchen operation
- Responsible for leading and supporting a multi cultural team of Galley personnel, ensuring the highest level of crew satisfaction and productivity.
- Preparing basic food items.
- Basic food knowledge.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow recipes.
- Be able to work in any section of a kitchen.
- Must have a confirmed culinary background from an international brand hotel.
- Must be proficient in effective tasks, work efficiently and productive.
- Must have basic knife handling skills.
- Be cost conscious and avoid wastage
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed and presentable.
- Health: Must be physically fit and in good health, able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Requires a minimum of three years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are Considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job