Onboard HR Manager
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about people, policies, and procedures!
You love people & so do we! The HR Manager lives by our Creeds (our secret sauce) and drives positive crew engagement. They will implement all processes and procedures throughout the ship and make sure that ship is sailing smoothly.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Strives to build employee morale and develop strategies in partnership with onboard leadership and the shoreside People & Culture team to enhance the overall crew satisfaction & engagement; ensures a commitment to crew satisfaction; inspires crew through encouragement and recognition of outstanding performance
- Provide an accessible nurturing environment to handle employee relation issues using effective conflict resolution, assisting with disputes, and guiding team members toward the correct outcome
- Educates and supports the onboard management with regards to HR policies, procedures with regards to HR policies, procedures and standards including the company's performance management systems, promotions, and our progressive discipline procedures. Ensures consistent and fair application of all HR policies and procedures
- Provides open and honest performance feedback and takes appropriate action to improve performance
- Measure and action how the ship is performing against KPI targets and ensure that the role influences meeting or exceeding the correct outcome
- Partner with Departments & Division heads to ensure that the crew members understand how their roles can control expenses or generate revenue.
- Monitor and support how the vessel is driving performance to manage against revenue targets
- Oversee activities relating to signing on & off procedures and crew immigration
- Monitor & ensure 100% compliance in time & attendance procedures in line with company & MLC regulations
- Facilitate employee resignation process by conducting exit interviews and providing feedback to shoreside HR
- Responsible for leadership development onboard including engaging, training assessments and feedback
- Ensure confidentiality and discretion of all employee information and conversations including but not limited to discipline, medical and matters of private nature
- Work with Heads of Departments & Snr. Manager - Shipboard HR to support and oversee the promotion process, interviews, selection, and succession planning through personal development plans
- Play an active role in looking for improvements to crew areas and functions onboard
- Collect feedback from the crew in regards to employee engagement
- Provide direction and guidance to the Training & Development Manager to ensure ongoing leadership development
- Support Staff Captain and Security Officer when conducting onboard investigations
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with government officials, port agents, and other business partners in various ports of call in order to drive business effectiveness
- Maintain awareness among the crew of basic safety rules and a safe working environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience as HR Manager onboard a Cruise Ship or within a large organization
- Minimum of 3 years experience in employee relations, investigations, negotiations, and resolving grievances & conflicts
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or CIPD or equivalent field
- Extensive employee relations experience and coaching/guiding
- Passion for people
- All certificates required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills