The Electronic Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and service of all electronic equipment and communication/IT systems onboard.
Responsible for the vessel’s Operating equipment, including but not limited to:
- Onboard satellite communication systems (C-band, KU-band, Iridium, fleet broadband)
- Internal communication systems (Telephone PBX/DECT, PA system, UHF system)
- Emergency radio communication systems (GMDSS)
- Internal emergency and safety systems (GA, Fire Central, Fireman patrol system)
- Low Level Lightning, Talk-Back communication, CCTV system, Sound Powered Telephone system, Hospital/Trap/Toilet alarm system, Gangway Security system, Vingcard system, Door lock system
- Bridge radar & navigation systems including electronic equipment in lifeboats and tenders;
- Office equipment such as copy machines, printers etc.
- TV broadcast, Satellite TVRO and entertainment Sound & Light systems
- All ships Audio & Video equipment (apartments, crew cabins, public rooms) and interactive TV system, Scandisplay Marine Info system, Master Clock system
- Golf equipment incl. simulators
Maintain and update inventory list of spare parts
Ensure that TV/Entertainment, Internet communication, telephone always available to all Residents & Guests
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, the company offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
- Diploma from recognized and approved Technical College or institution, in Electronic Engineering with specialization in one or more of the following areas: audio-video electronics, computer-microprocessor system electronics, communication electronics, maritime electronics or similar
- Experience with Maritime electronics systems and environments
- Strong IT background and experience
- Electronic Engineer graduate or equivalent
- Completed GOC-course and relevant GMDSS certificate
- Relevant STCW2010 courses
- To speak, read and write English fluently
- Shipboard experience preferred