We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate engines!
This ‘someone’ will work closely with the 1st & 2nd Engineers in maintaining an efficient alert watch in the Engine Control Room & ensure that all of the technical equipment is working smoothly.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Assist 1st / 2nd Engineer in maintaining an efficient alert watch in the Engine Control Room during assigned periods at sea and in port
- Carry out duties given by the Snr. Watch Engineer in the control room
- Be able to temporarily relieve the Snr. Engineer watch if necessary
- Assist the Snr. Watch Engineer in following the Chief Engineer’s instructions & procedures when loading or transferring bunkers, lube oils, or oily sludge
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding bilge, black, and gray water operations onboard
- Attend landing and departure maneuvering when on watch
- Ensuring that all technical equipment is in proper working condition
- Report any defects that occur on watch to Snr. Watch Engineer
- Ensure that planned maintenance is conducted and recorded
- Partake in inspections, trainings, and meetings as necessary
- OOW Engineer Unlimited COC
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills