We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about keeping ship working like a charm.
This ‘someone’ will work closely with our Snr. 1st Engineer to assist with the day to day operations of the technical team & make sure that our all of our machinery is running smoothly.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Complete all detailed maintenance as per the PMS under the guidance of Snr. 1 st Engineer
- Complete all detailed tasks on all technical machinery as directed by Snr. 1st, Engineer
- To carry out complete fabrication of items of machinery in an accurate manner
- To assist with repair of items of mechanical equipment as required
- Assists Snr. 1 st Engineer/Engine Foreman with detailed projects as instructed
- Responsible for completing repair and maintenance of Deck machinery as required
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Minimum 12 months experience as Fitter or Mechanic onboard
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Recognized Welding certificate desirable
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters Most To Us:
At our company, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.