Chef de Partie
Employment type - River: Seasonal Contract
Rotation: 12 Weeks Onboard/ 4 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the cruise line
Medical Insurance: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the cruise line
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Travel allowance
• Social Security coverage
• Two (2) persons in one cabin, sharing bathroom with one (1) other cabin
• Free WIFI- access
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Chef de Partie on board company ships is responsible to prepare all times required for the daily Menus and special events.
- Follow the Supervisor’s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- Ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- Report work orders to the Sous Chef when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- Adhere to, and to ensure that the Staff in assigned section in the Galley adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- College Degree required and/or Professional Chef Certification.
- Experience in a luxury hotel or on board a luxury cruise ship preferred.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and must show attention to detail..
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- To be able to remain calm under pressure.