Hairdresser and Spa Supervisor
Employment type - River: Seasonal Contract
Rotation: 15 Weeks Onboard / 4 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the company
Medical Insurance: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the company
- Meet Guests in a professional manner, to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly service in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Up-to-date on all beauty, nail, body and massage products and treatments and be able to adapt their use and application, according to the guest’s individual needs.
- Perform professional hair/scalp treatments, including cut, styles and colouring.
- Schedule staff members, making sure all staff members work the correct number of hours.
- Update and monitor the booking and appointment system daily, to ensure maximum productivity.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering of all supplies, products and equipment.
- Maximize spa revenue and productivity and lower operational costs through thorough planning, organization and administration of the spa.
- Ensure that the best possible treatments/services are provided to our Guests at all times.
- Responsible for assigned treatment room/hairdressing salon and to keep the assigned area clean, neat and tidy at all times.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as, but not limited to gangway duties, tour escorting, storing, luggage, front office etc.
- Provide a six-star service and to deal with Guests complaints and in an efficient and timely manner.
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Travel allowance
• Social Security coverage
• Two (2) persons in one cabin, sharing bathroom with one (1) other cabin
• Free WIFI- access
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Professional Background (apprenticeship or similar professional education in a related field) required.
- Certified Hairdresser.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience onboard a cruise ship or similar operation ashore.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to efficiently manage guest bookings.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Management / supervisory skills (education or experience from supervising position is required).
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- MS Office skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.