Employment type - River: 12 Months Paid
Rotation: 4 Weeks Onboard / 2 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the cruise line
- Carry out all work in connection with external and internal maintenance and day to day operation in deck department as instructed by the Bosun.
- Be involved in gangway duties, mooring operations and tender operations under the supervision of the Bridge.
- Bridge watch
- Wheelhouse Watch
- Deck Watch
- Carry out all work in connection with external and internal maintenance and day to day operation in deck department.
- Participate in fire-fighting, first aid, personal survival, health promotion, safety and anti-pollution programs.
- Preparation of all necessary duties before docking maneuvers.
- Check and maintenance of all security equipment.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above. Provide a six star service at all times, to deal with Guests complaints in an efficient and timely manner and to report any issues to his/her Supervisor.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as, but not limited to gangway duties, storing, luggage duty etc.
• Social Security coverage
• Reimbursement of medical
• Travel allowance
• Paid uniform
• Shoes, recieve set amount end of season
• Two (2) persons in one cabin, sharing bathroom with one (1) other cabin
• Free WIFI- access
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT) preferred.
- One (1) contract as OS preferred.
- Very good spoken English.