Hotel General Manager
Supervisor: Captain - Daily operation, Director of Hotel Operations - Hotel Operations Product, Standards, Policy and Procedures
Gives instructions to: Hotel Operation Department Heads
Receives instructions from: Director of Hotel Operations
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for the Hotel operation, including coordinating and leading the Hotel Department Heads on board. The Hotel Manager must be hands on during peak services and through presence and actions being an example to and ensure the team delivers the product as set out in the Viking Ocean Product plan is delivered smoothly and flawlessly. Together with the Ships Management e coordinates and executes onboard safety, environmental and maintenance procedures.
• Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
• Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated Guest Service in accordance with S.T.A.R. Service Experience.
• Menu layout / Menu approval, Buffet presentation
• Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
• Planning all Entertainment and Shop/Concessionaire's events with Department Heads.
• Controlling sale of shore excursions, future Cruise sales and tour dispatches
• Management and motivation of the service crew
• Provide visible leadership by example.
• Align crew attitudes to corporate objectives.
• Ensure appropriate crew training is carried out on an ongoing basis.
• Employ contemporary management techniques to ensure all employees are motivated to provide exemplary customer service.
• Vacation planning, Internal promotions
• Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
• Accounting, Payroll, Cruise closing.
• Food cost control, Control of Bars and Inventory/Store control.
• Clearance of the vessel and Embarkation.
• Active liaison with guests
• Provide visible leadership by example while interacting with guests in all areas
• Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef
• Diploma from international recognized hotel school or university.
• Min. 5 years Hotel Manager or Food & Beverage Manager on 5-star ship.
• Completed appropriate HR training, craft training or equivalent
• Excellent English skills in both writing and speech, other languages a plus
• Service oriented and guest focused
• Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
• Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance