The Barista’s primary responsibility is to manage and service the Fredy’s Barista station and Restaurants, ensuring Residents and Guests are consistently provided with courteous, engaging, prompt and efficient service. The Barista ensures excellence in the execution of ship's luxury dining service standards in relation to all Residents and Guests satisfaction goals.
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality, luxury, engaging and bench mark service deliveries in his assigned areas
- Actively support the goals and objectives for the department and implement new policies and company initiatives as assigned
- Ensure all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health, Safety Management System (SMS) and Safety & Environmental regulations; execute policies and procedures as appropriate to the position; execute safety duties as per the Emergency Plan and Station Bill
- Execute table services with perfection as per Standard Operation Procedures for Fredy’s restaurants at all times
- Ensure mise-en-place of the Fredy’s Barista Station, Fredy’s display counters (Bakery and Pastry) are ready before and mise-en-place is completed after service
- Calm and professional approach is vital for communicating with Culinary and Beverage team on service opportunities and F&B requests from Residents and Guests
- Complete side duties including but not limited to; inventories of linen, china, glassware, Locker maintenance, menus, provisions, uniforms, polishing silver, china and glassware and cleaning duties as and when required
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, the company offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
- A minimum of one-year experience as a Barista in a counter service, specialty beverage operations in an upmarket Barista outlet or at a five-star hotel
- A Barista Course Certificate from a Barista Training Institution is preferred.
- A Diploma in Hotel Management or Restaurant Management is preferred
- Working knowledge on point of sales systems (Infogenesis), inventory management systems (MMS) is preferred
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
- Basic computer skills to operate MS Office program