Supervisor: Beverage Manager
Receives instructions from: Hotel General Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure a friendly and professional service in all Bar and F&B areas to the fullest guest satisfaction and in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises.
• Professional, welcoming and sales oriented beverage service.
• Guest relation and interaction are a must.
• Supports Beverage Manager to suggest any needed updates and put in place Beverage SOPs and procedures forward to General Manager
• Report and follow up breakages and maintenance issues for wine cabinets and cellars
• Opening and closing of all Beverage outlets in accordance with Beverage Manager as per company standard and manual
• Finds ways to promote wine pairings and packages throughout to keep stock moving and generate revenue outside included and SBP packages.
• Ensures operation of bar operating areas, procedures are according to company standards in all areas of responsibility (e.g. menus, decoration, appearance)
• Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
• Tallying any sales transactions and correctly follow any accounting procedures.
• Assistance in other departments upon instruction from Beverage Manager as required
• Will be overlooking in adapting the wine list onboard especially in local product.
• Contact with local wine producers
• Ensures the correct handling of all products, materials and equipment (glasses, cutleries and crockeries etc.) in assigned areas
• Responsible for the daily tallying and reporting of the bar revenue
• Embarkation duty as directed.
• Ensuring highest level of cleanliness within bar, pantry, lounge, sundeck in accordance with HACCP/USPH standards
• Prepares and conducts Wine Training sessions to F&B department
• Special lectures and/or wine tastings onboard for guests
• Organization, management, motivation and training of the bar team
• Active participation in and execution of onboard training programs.
• Overall responsibility for the training and performance of the bar team as per Beverage manager instructions
• Make sure inventories are updated and consistent
• Keep proper rotation of slow moving stock
• Prepare Reports, statistics and cost controls for Wines
• Cost control for bar in accordance with the budget
• Conducting stock takes and inventory according to company procedures.
• Keeping and storing of all Bar and cellar inventory stock in accordance with set par-levels following safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
• Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
• Ensuring the bar inventories and stocks are declared in accordance with local costumes.
Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
• Must have an internationally recognized Certified Sommelier Level I preferably Level II or Master Sommelier.
• Graduated education in hotel / catering industry or equivalent professional
• At least 2 years in similar position in 4* or 5* operation and shipboard experience is essential.
• Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
• International experience / shipboard experience is an asset
• Ability to work independently, service and sales oriented and guest focused, positive personality, ambitious and with professional appearance.
• Flexible and stress resistant, team player, showing commitment