Art Director - Auctioneer
The Art Director manages the Art Department and is responsible for the success of the onboard revenue generated through art auctions and gallery sales. He/she will conduct<br />
auctions in a high energy, entertaining fashion. A successful Art Job will gear all of their activities towards carrying out a marketing plan that generates revenue for the<br />
concession onboard the cruise line. This includes promoting, direct selling, and sales through hosted auctions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all sales activities related to art provided by Art Company onboard assigned ship.
• Sells art at auction. Conducts auction in a high-energy, entertaining fashion geared towards maximizing sales potential.
• Interacts with cruise guests; and educates them on artwork to facilitate sales.
• Exhibits professional selling skills to effectively market Art Company product.
• Represents Art Company with utmost integrity and professionalism at all times.
• Demonstrates complete understanding of all art inventory and its respective pricing structures.
• Works with other departments to create cross promotions (i.e. Spa, Gift Shop).
• Creates and executes marketing programs for art program to drive guests to all events on board.
• Implements Art Company marketing plans as needed.
• Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities. Reports this
information to after each cruise to Art Company shore side management.
• Documents all sales and inventory transactions for each cruise. Sends all reports to Art Company physically and electronically at end of cruise.
• Receives and offloads art inventory. Maintains accurate records of all inventory transactions.
• Completes all required shipboard, and shore side documentation required
• Manages appearance of gallery and art displays throughout ship
• Performs related duties as required. Shipboard management may require other job-related duties in conjunction with the above.
• Experience as Gallery Job, Retail Sales, Jewelry sales with consistently high performance ratings and sales success.
• Ability to manage the financial aspects of art auctioneering, and one-on-one sales.
• Experience in providing customer and personal service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems..
• Ability to manage a diverse staff who come from different countries around the world.
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it