REPORTS TO: HEAD BAKER
SUBORDINATES: ASSISTANT BAKER
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the preparation and baking of all Bakery Goods on the Vessel.
He / She must to ensure that production levels and the quality are in line with company expectations and standards.
He / She is required to follow provided recipes and set procedures at all times.
• Responsible for all Bread Productions at Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner in all Outlets in terms of quality, freshness and in accordance to recipes provided by the Corporate Office.
• Evaluates productions levels to remain within budget targets.
• Ensures that his / her section is productive and operated with the least supervision required from superior.
• Must be knowledgeable with established quality standards and company policies.
• Responsible to maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance according to recipes and pictures; any possible discrepancies are to be rectified immediately.
• Ensure economical work practices and control the food production to minimize and avoid wastage.
• Must have a good knowledge and good understanding of USPH Rules and Regulations, ensuring that working/cleaning practices are applied throughout the operation.
• Ensure immaculate cleanliness in the Bakery Department and adjacent areas, by applying safe work practices, procedures according to USPH Regulations and prevent any equipment damages / loss.
• Must be familiar with the galley layout in terms of safety and security, must have a full understanding of ships rules / regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Safety Drills / Training
• Ensures that the HACCP program is applied accordingly.
• Must be familiar with the contracts and work schedules hours/week and supporting documentation.
• Must possess advanced bakery skills.
• Must be experienced and knowledgeable in European / French baking techniques.
• Work efficiently and cost conscientious
• Ability to master bread decorations for the various buffet themes / special occasions as required by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef.
• Able to lead a team of Baker, Asst Baker, delegate, train and guide in order to be productive
• Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
• Age and Health: Minimum age should be twenty-five (25) years old. Physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
• Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of eight years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants). Must have a thorough understanding of European bakery practices,
excellent hands on techniques and ability to maintain exceeding standards.
• Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
• Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional, leader and motivator. Adherence to the Company’s Rules and Regulations is a must for his success on the job.