Come practice your passion while seeing the world! Working within a spa on board is an excellent way to explore the sea routes of the world while honing in on your acupuncture, public speaking, and marketing skills. All while earning income!
Acupuncturists are trained in Los Angeles,California throughout the year. Training last 3 to 5 days and provides invaluable instruction that can be utilized on board and in future private practice. Practitioners are trained on Power Point presentations and other useful marketing techniques. Also provided is basic training on our signature protocols, including facial rejuvenation, sea sickness, pain management, weight loss, stop smoking and stress relief.
Learning how to communicate the principles of Chinese medicine is the key to our success. Only through education and experience can the world begin to grasp the beauty of this powerful medicine. Help us expand the reach of Traditional Chinese medicine by bringing it to the cruising population.
Upon successful completion of training you will serve a 7 month contract with one of 25 luxury cruise line companies.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Strong customer service abilities, enthusiasm, professional appearance, knowledge of your profession
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Acupuncture and/or Chinese Medicine.This varies from country to country, but the applicant must have graduated from a recognized university with a combined total of at least 2000 classroom and clinic hours. Please visit http://www.nccaom.org/educatedoutus.htm for a list of pre approved schools. Please note that if your school does not appear, you may still be eligible. However further information will be required.
- In India, postgraduate training from the Open International University for Complementary Medicines (OIUCM, Colombo, Sri Lanka) will be accepted if 2000 classroom and clinic hours have been completed.
- Any additional courses/certifications such as: Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation, Tui Na, Chinese Herbs, Electro-Acupuncture, Cranio-Sacral are a plus but not mandatory
Additionally, the company has been granted CEU/PDA status by the NCCAOM( National Cerification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine( US). Practitioners who choose to do so can get 21 CEU's toward certification and license renewal.