Learning and Development Manager
Travel the globe while developing your career with a world-renowned leader! As the Learning and Development Manager, you will take charge of the onboarding, training, and development of our entire team, from crew to officers.
Leverage your HR knowledge to develop learning content, coach crew members, facilitate presentations, and onboard every member of our crew. You will play an integral role within a prestigious cruise line as you help our crew members grow their skills, guiding them on the path to success!
Your excellent interpersonal and presentation skills will be essential as you start your new adventure. Work closely with multiple HR teams, both shipboard and shore side, as well as officers aboard the ships. Showcase your learning and development expertise as you create new initiatives onboard the ship that could roll out to the entire fleet. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, sense of empathy, and passion for your work are essential in this role.
Our company takes pride in caring for its crew and in treating all crew members with respect. By developing and delivering learning and development strategies, you will have a direct impact on our crew members’ experience and on cementing our status as one of the most sought-after employers in the cruise line industry.
Contract length is 4 months onboard/2 months off. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company match).
- 3+ years of experience working within a Human Resources role directly tied to training, facilitation, and/or training development
- Working knowledge of Human Resources/Learning and Development concepts and practices
- Ability to assess training needs and develop strategic plan accordingly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- Ability to work without a day off for 4 months at a time
- 1+ year in a leadership or operations role preferred
- Previous experience within the cruise industry and/or Disney experience a plus
- Knowledge of Fidelio and/or SAP a plus
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (the company will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes