Corporate Executive Chef-Seagoing
The Corporate Executive Chef serves as the operational arm of the corporate office with a particular emphasis on culinary operations.Ensures the successful and consistent deliveries of the culinary product for his/her assigned trade or project as determined by budget, corporate policies and procedures with a goal to exceed customer expectations.
- Implements culinary standards, initiatives and projects as governed by the corporate office through formal and on the job training of galley staff
- Responsible for the specialty areas and entrepreneurial aspects of the operation
- Ensures the standard product meets guests’ expectations by achieving budgeted food score/ratings for the assigned line of culinary business or world region and their itineraries
- Support shore side and shipboard teams in initiatives to generate/increase OBR and to reach consistency
- Utilize cost control P&P's and tools to review, communicate and plan with shore side and onboard teams
- Conducts formal training of galley positions as prescribed by Fleet Personnel and the Fleet Director of Guest Culinary Experience as part of succession
- Review shipboard appraisals for Chef de Parties and up; then advises and involves the Executive Chef to determine ongoing training needs of the specific brigade
- Contributes to the development of production schedules, portion control and yield variances (calculations)
- Travels extensively to take immediate action as required for any project
- Maintains a professional, active and efficient link among guests (while on board), the corporate food and beverage office and shipboard management and crew
- All duties must be completed in accordance with the company Core Values and all aspects of the C.R.U.I.S.E. program.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, the cruise line offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
- B.A. in Culinary Arts, Professional Chef’s or vocational school diploma or equivalent
- 15+ Years’ experience in culinary/food and beverage management positions
- 3+ Years in a senior food and beverage position at the level of Executive Chef within the cruise industry preferred
- Strong background in Food & Beverage Operations Management, including planning, production, materials management, distribution & logistics and quality assurance of all food related commodities and related technologies
- Effective communicator
- Strong financial understanding
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and effectively use technology tools to manage, create and communicate information