Cruise Ship Doctor
To provide medical services to all crew members and Guests on a world class, award winning cruise line.
The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies.
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
- One year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the entire length of the contract on board the ship. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that these credentials are valid for the entire time he or she will be working on board the ship.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members