Senior 1st Engineer
To be considered for this role, you would need:
- Experience in the position of 1st Engineer on-board cruise ships;
- Responsible for daily calibration and necessary maintenance of equipment for freshwater;
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all machinery and technical passenger services;
- The upkeep of lifeboat/tender propulsion machinery, all hydraulics, damage control equipment, emergency generator engine;
- Experience in the upkeep of technical records and certification;
- Excellent leadership to supervise engineers, fitters, plumbers and other crew and decision making skills along with ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment;
- Organization of working routines and effective man-deployment for planned maintenance, breakdown maintenance and general cleanliness within the technical department;
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team.
In return we can offer you: a competitive salary paid twelve months of the year, a 1 : 1 work rotation of two months on board with two months paid leave, a single cabin with private facilities, flights to/from the vessel arranged and paid for by the company, an exciting opportunity to work on board our cruise ships, travelling to worldwide destinations.
Candidates must have:
- A valid 1st Engineer Unlimited License as per STCW code A-III/2 with shipboard experience on a passenger ship;
- Experience in ensuring that systems and equipment within every sub-division of the Engine Department are operating correctly and are maintained up to the highest possible standards of the cruise line and international regulations - main and auxiliary engines, generators, electrical and electronic systems, communication systems, heating, cooling, ventilation systems, plumbing, waste management systems, and the machinery in the lifeboats and rescue boats;
- Excellent references/recommendations;
- The ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly, and the ability to communicate with guests and crew in a professional manner.