Sous Chef Tournant
- Follow Supervisor`s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- Know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- Take active part in the actual food preparation. Should be able to fill in every Sous Chef position within the hot galley section when needed.
- Ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through good communication with the Dining Room Staff so that food is sent out quickly and efficiently.
- Report work orders to the Supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- Comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities).
- Provide a six star service at all times.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Employment type: Ocean-Fixed Contract
Medical Insurance: Medical covered only onboard
• Reimbursement of STCW after successfully completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Two (2) persons in one cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Or a minimum of three (3) years proven experience in a luxury international hotel property food operation as Chef de Partie or three (3) years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a similar position preferred.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.