As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us as a restaurant Galley Manager and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Galley’s and BOH area is cleaned and sanitised at all times to the highest standards, identifying key areas of possible risk and providing remedial action where necessary. You will lead and manage the Back of House team to ensure the smooth operation of the plate houses and galley pot wash, providing full support to the food service outlets and food production areas.
It is vital you & your team comply with all company public health, hygiene and safety policies and procedures to ensure safe delivery to our guests.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the Back of House team, ensuring they are fully trained and competent to undertake required tasks.
- Carry out inspections of all areas and equipment, such as food pulpers and grinders traps, to ensure continued compliance.
- Feedback to the Executive Chef regarding inspections and quality audits, following up on any corrective action identified.
- Manage department costs and resources effectively, including back of house crockery stock and ensure chemicals and equipment are ordered in time for use.
- Effectively manage own area, ensure adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Ensuring the requirements and health standards of international port health authorities and other bodies are met by the team, maintaining records of staff training, equipment maintenance and ship inspections.
- Attend daily meetings to confirm production figures and give daily BOH updates.
- Ensure the team use the correct personal protective equipment and are trained in the correct and safe use of chemicals.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career with a company who puts its people and customers at the centre of everything we do. The contract lengths are either 4 or 6 months onboard with 2 months leave, and life onboard involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your 10 hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. In return you will receive a competitive rate of pay, clothing and travel allowance, your own cabin, and the enviable opportunity to travel the world and to contribute to the ongoing success of our cruise line.
Effectively manage the team during the Galley during service operations and support where necessary.
To apply and be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- In-depth knowledge of cleaning requirements and sanitation of galley areas required
- Previous experience of working within the back of house function
- COSHH Certificate
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering desirable
- In-depth knowledge of USPH (United States Public Health) Policy
- Competent IT Skills