Employment Type: Perm - Full Time
As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us as a Environmental Officer and you’ll understand that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life. The Environmental Compliance Officer will ensure environmental compliance by providing oversight and assistance to shipboard personnel in complying with National and International laws and regulations. Drawing on your previous environmental management experience, your challenge will be to ensure ongoing compliance of one of our modern cruise ships. An integral part of your role will be to educate and influence all members of crew, including the senior management team, to the importance of complying with environmental legislation and highlighting its benefits. You’ll also help to plan, implement, monitor and review both protective and preventative measures – making our company the market leader when it comes to environmental compliance. Meanwhile, you’ll visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that stay with you for a lifetime
To apply for Environmental Officer you will need:
- Environmental degree or higher or Licensed Engineer holding a Class Two certificate of competency
- Management experience and strong leadership skills
- Proven experience of a proactive and positive approach to protecting the environment and assuring compliance with the environmental management system
- Experience in providing work based training
- Experience of waste minimization/waste management
- Experience of risk assessments and environmental audits
- Understanding of shipboard operations a global Marine environmental legislation is also very desirable.
Experience on board a cruise ship would be desirable, but not essential. We believe in hiring people with the right attitudes and strengths over their competencies.
In addition to a strong environmental background, you will show great initiative understanding quickly what needs to be done and being able to anticipate what’s needed. Integrity being key and knowing the right thing to do. You will be able to show organisation, managing your time effectively by prioritising and planning your workload. Demonstrating your ability to be composed, remaining calm under pressure and carry on in stressful situations